5 Questions on Analogue Photography with Meghal Anukul

Posted on 6/07/2012 by UNITED PHOTO PRESS MAGAZINE


In this ongoing series "5 Questions on Analogue Photography with…" we send out the same set of questions to photographers. This time Bangalore's design student & photographer Meghal Anukul answered these questions and prepared a gallery of her photos.


Full Name: Meghal Anukul
Occupation: Student
City, Country: Bangalore, India

1. Tell us about yourself in three sentences maximum?
I happen to be a nosy 19 year old, who flashes her lens everywhere, pointing it at everyone, at everything. i love experimenting ; be it food, my cameras and even fashion!

2. Why do you still shoot analogue?
Analogue photography is so different from digital photography. No photoshop, just what you see, and what you capture in your trusty 35 mms! the whole process is amazing!

3. What photographic equipment (cameras, films, and accessories) do you usually have in your bag?
I always have this 25 year old Yashica range finder in my bag, along with some colored paper. But these days i have been carrying myapple green sprocket rocket too! I always have 35mm 400 ISO kodak film in my bag. yes, I do carry a huge bag all the time. bag-packs ftw!

*4. Share a trick of yours that will always result to a great photo. *
Well, one of my favorite trick is to combine some sheer colored paper and temporarily fix it in front of my camera lens or even by the film inside the camera. By doing so, the pictures always have that extra color contrast to em ! also,sticking fine thread along the corner of the film inside the camera, results in a very vivid lomograph.
5. What photographers influence your work?
Jacob Fellander is one photographer i really admire. he travels so much, and captures different parts of the cities and even countries on one film. his work really inspires me.